Got a problem with SWIFT?
Follow these instructions, 70% of the time following these instructions should solve your problem.
- Make sure you have the latest copy of the theme. You can download the latest version here.
- Reinstall Swift.
- Check if you have selected appropriate options in the options page.
- If you have added any code to the theme files or widgets, make sure all the html tags are closed.
- Sometimes a faulty outdated plugin may clash with SWIFT. Deactivate all the plugins and see if it solves the problem.
- Deactivate widgets to see if they are creating any problem.
If these doesn’t solve your problem, try again after some time, you might have missed something. If this still doesn’t solve your problem head to the support forum, I’m waiting there to solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Thumbnails not showing up
Swift uses WordPress post thumbnail feature for thumbnails. You should set featured image for thumbnails to show up. If you are switching to Swift from a theme which doesn’t use thumbnails or uses custom fields for thumbnails, you have to update each post and set the thumbnail. That can be cumbersome task if you are having lot of posts. Luckily there is a plugin which can automatically set the post thumbnails. Here are the step by step instructions.
- Install Auto Post Thumbnail plugin
- Then goto settings -> auto post thumbnail and generate thumbnails.
TIP: You can set the thumbnails manually for your future posts, or leave the plugin activated to have them set automatically.
2. Thumbnails not cropping/resizing correctly
Swift uses built in WordPress functions to generate post thumbnails, which in turn depends in the meta data created while you upload the image. If for some reason WordPress couldn’t process the image when its uploaded, then meta data won’t be created. So the thumbnails won’t be cropped correctly. To fix this..
- If its only one or two posts, you can delete the thumbnail and reuplaod it. If that does not solve the problem, use a different image.
- If there are many images..
- install Ajax Rebuild thumbnail plugin.
- Goto tools->rebuild thumbnails
- Check thumbnail and ” ” and rebuild thumbnails.
3. Feed count not shown?
Enable “Show feed count” option in your feedburner account settings.