I fixed all the HTML validation errors, SWIFT is now a 100% XHTML valid theme. Wondering why valid code is important?
Here are few reasons
- Validation is a sign of professionalism.
- Many engines cannot properly catalog or index a site that has serious HTML errors. This can greatly reduce the amount of traffic your web site receives from search engines. With SWIFT you don’t have that problem.
- Properly written HTML will render better, render on more browsers, and render faster than HTML with errors. It’s also more easily adapted to print and alternative browsing devices like mobile phones and handheld computers.
- Properly written HTML is more likely to be “future-proof” (backward compatible with future standards and future web browsers).
- Problems such as “ugly” pages caused by poor HTML constantly drive visitors away from web sites.
- Error-free HTML is the best way to help make sure that pages render optimally in as many browsers as possible. This includes older browsers and browsers that are yet to be developed.
Changes to the Support Forum
Earlier Swift support forum was powered by BBPress. Though it is simple and light weight it lacked many important functions and wasn’t very user friendly.
SWIFT support forum from today will be powered by vBulletin4.0. I included some new boards on the forum so that you can collaborate with like-minded Swiftler’s. Hope you all like the new forum.
If you want me to include any new sections on the forum or have any suggestions for the forum, please post them in comments.
PS: If you face problems logging into the forum, reset your password.