Installing the free version of PageSpeed is very simple.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to
appearance -> themesand click on add new.
- In the next screen search for “Page Speed” and install PageSpeed.
Installing PageSpeed Pro
- Download the theme from the member’s area under downloads and licenses tab. Choose the latest version avaialble.
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to themes -> appearance and click on add new in the top left corner.
- Click on upload theme in the top left corner.
- Upload the theme zip file you downloaded previously and click on install now and activate.
Upgrading from free version to PageSpeed Pro
If you are upgrading from free version to PageSpeed pro following the above instructions, you might have come across this error
Destination folder already exists. /home/*****/******/wp-content/themes/page-speed/ Theme installation failed.
If you are upgrading from the free version of PageSpeed, then
- Switch to a different theme temporarily.
- Delete PageSpeed
- Follow the above steps to install PageSpeed pro.
Activating your PageSpeed Pro license [Only for pro version]
- Get your license key from the member’s area under the downloads licenses tab.
- Now, go to your WordPress dashboard appearance -> Page Speed -> Activation tab and enter the above license key and click on activate. You should see your license validity once successfully validated. If you face any issues activating the license, ask on the support forum or shoot us an email