Upgrading to latest version
Updating Swift theme
As Swift is not hosted on the WordPress theme repository, one click update is not available. You have to do it manually, there are two ways to do it.
Through WordPress dashboard
- Download the latest version of the theme from members area onto your desktop.
- Unzip it and rename the swift folder to "swift-new" or something else.
- Zip it back
- Upload the above zipped file. ( You can skip the above two steps, but this ensures that the older version is readily available on your dashboard in case if you want to switch back to older version )
- Activate the theme
- Goto SWIFT options page and save changes.
- Goto SWIFT design options page and save changes.
Through ftp or cPanel file manager
- Navigate to wp-content/themes folder in your ftp or file manager.
- Rename the current swift folder to swift-bak ( or anything of your choice).
- Unzip the latest version of the theme you downloaded and upload it to your themes folder.
Note: None of the customizations done from the theme options page and the settings will be lost during update (Unless otherwise stated in the release notes). Single set of options are used for all versions of the theme, resetting options will have effect on all versions of the theme.
Use import/export option of SWIFT to backup your theme settings before you start making any major changes to your site.