Once you have installed WordPress successfully, installing Swift Theme is no different from any other WordPress theme.
Before proceeding with installing Swift Themes make sure that following plugins are not installed or deactivated
- Any Caching plugin like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache
- Disable CDN
- You might also want to disable your browser cache.
Note: These are not necessary for the functioning of Swift. These steps make sure that any changes you make are immediately visible and make your customization experience truly fun and exiting and saves you lot of frustration. We are not exaggerating when we say more than 40% of our support questions are because the user forgot to clear their caches !! You can download the latest version of the Swift Theme from Members Area.
Install Theme Via WordPress Dashboard
- Go to 'Appearance > Themes' section
- Click 'Add New' and select the 'Upload Theme' option
- Choose the zip file you downloaded from the members area and press 'Install Now'
- Once the theme is uploaded you need to activate it.
If theme install fails with error Destination folder already exists, it means that Swift is already installed on your server. perhaps you were using free or trial version of Swift and looking to upgrade or trying to upgrade to the latest version of Swift. Please refer to our How to update Swift section.
Install Theme Via FTP
- Access your hosting server using an ftp client like FileZilla
- Go to the wp-content/themes folder of your WordPress installation
- Extract the latest version of Swift you downloaded from the members area and upload it to wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes section to activate the theme
Adding New Themes using cPanel
If your host offers the cPanel control panel then
- Download the Swift zip file to your local machine.
- In cPanel File Manager, navigate to your Themes folder. If you have WordPress installed in its own folder called wordpress, you would navigate to public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes and if WordPress is installed in your web-root folder you would navigate to public_html/wp-content/themes.
- Once you’ve navigated to the Themes folder in cPanel File Manager, click on Upload file(s) and upload that zip file you saved in Step 1.
- Once the zip file is uploaded, click on the zip file name in cPanel, then in the panel to the right, click on Extract File Contents, and that zip file will be uncompressed.
- Now login to WordPress and goto appearance/themes and activate Swift.