I posted a question yesterday about security issues for my blog. I checked a few minutes later to be sure my post was displayed and it was. But now it seems to have disappeared. Can you tell me what is going on?
Here is your question, we upgraded the HD on our server and restored slightly older backup.
I hope you can advise me on how to ensure my blog site is as secure as
possible. I have done some reading and I THINK the following points need to be
(1) Frequent site backups, with ability to restore
(2) Frequent WordPress database backups, with ability to restore
(3) Backups emailed to me
(4) Prevent someone from accessing my WordPress Admin
(5) Block access from countries that are notorious for hackers
(6) Identify IP addresses of intruders and block those addresses
(7) Guard against various other intrusion attempts (Bulletproof Security
(8) Clone the site and store it on my computer
(9) Malware, virus protection
There are probably other items which should be on this list. This is all very
new to me and I am not a techie. Will I have to study and do some training on
security issues, or are there plugins which will automatically address all
1. Have proper file permissions, there are plugins to scan and fix.
2. Try 3-4 security plugins and fix the issues they report.
3. remove default admin account.
4. change default table prefix from wp_ to something else.
5. Always get themes and plugins from official sources. Never use pirated or nulled plugins and themes.
6. Use limit login attempts plugin
7. Use mod_security module.
8. Always update your plugins and themes.
All said, if you have proper backups and your site doesn’t get lot of comments or have lot of posts every day, in worst case senario it will take about 2 hours to restore a wordpress site.