Simple SEO navigation postname option

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Bug report and suggestions. Simple SEO navigation postname option

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dualaudi 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dualaudi
    Spectator

Not sure if I’m overlooking this option, but is there a way to have the navigation links use %postname% vs. the H1 title it uses now.

I’m green when it comes to modifying the PHP, but if it’s a simple switch the php echo to postname, I wouldn’t mind opening up the navigation.php.

Any help would be great. I’d like to have a longer H1 to go with and have the navigation be 1 word.</p> <p>Thanks, this theme is by far one of the best for SEO w/o plugins.<br /> <a href="http://independentliving-sandiego.com" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow">http://independentliving-sandiego.com</a></p> <p>example. “About Us” navigation is the same as H1. I’d like H1 to be “About blah blah blah san diego”, but the navigation to just say “About”

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

Couldn’t get you, does wordpress provide the option to have two titles for a post?

dualaudi
    Spectator

@Satish 1288 wrote:

Couldn’t get you, does wordpress provide the option to have two titles for a post?

I think it’s a custom navigation. I don’t think WP does this by default. I just want to change where the navigation pulls it’s the name from. Right now title, h1, and nav will all be identical.
    nav1.jpg

nav2.jpg

I’ll post back when I have the workaround for what I’d like to see.. (In my opinion it makes for better SEO and usability.)

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

the one in the address bar is called slug, SWIFT has option to append links to page navigation. Uncheck all pages in page selection and use the append links feature.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.