I closed this company down but use the page as a showcase

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Showcase I closed this company down but use the page as a showcase

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve White 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steve White
    Participant

I used to own a retail aquarium store but one day I woke up from a coma and discovered I had to learn to walk again and my store was history. While recovering I rebuilt the store into Canada’s only (to my knowledge) coral aquaculture facility and I built this website to attempt to market my product.

It never really caught on although looking back at it I never really marketed it as well as I could have. It was a pretty cool experience that taught me a lot but a few months back I sold all of the corals to a competitor and paid off my line of credit. Coral farm closed. So now I’m going to do some web design on the side and use it to promote my abilities.

Anyway, here is the website I built for the farm http://wildexpressionscorals.ca/

The store portion is WooCommerce based. It has a ton of bells and whistles on the frontend as well as the backend resulting in a completely automated retail presence. We did actively use to do business and it worked flawlessly. I have no doubt that it could have handled substantial traffic. Sorry there is no upfront credit to you Satish, I just prefer a clean footer.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,
    Thats a nice and clean site 🙂

I love fishes, I have a 20gallon freshwater tank, plan to have a 200G some time.

Steve White
    Participant

Thanks Satish,

it is amazing how far WordPress has grown. A few years ago we would never have considered attempting a full online e commerce WP site in any form.

I’ve been involved with aquariums for 30 years. It is a pretty amazing hobby. Aquaculturing  corals on a commercial scale took it to a level I never dreamed of and it very well may be something I delve back into in the future.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.