How do I use the Custom Home Page Template?

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Support How do I use the Custom Home Page Template?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Marshall-Jones 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

When I go to the widgets area in WordPress I see the “Custom Home Page SB” tab. Under that it says “This widget area will be used when you are using CUSTOM HOME PAGE TEMPLATE”. I could not find that option anywhere, including the ‘Swift Options/Layout Options/Home Page Style’ area. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

I am also trying to install widgets on this Custom Home Page SB. I saw the tutorial on creating static home page but did not see how to add a widget to the page.

I can’s seem to create or alter the “home” page or landing page with what I can find for support.
    I also do not see how to add widgets to that page. Please help.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

When I go to the widgets area in WordPress I see the “Custom Home Page SB” tab. Under that it says “This widget area will

Thats wrongly named, it should be news paper layout.

To set the homepage to a static page,

first create a blank page named blog.
    goto settings->reading and set the home page as the custom home page you created.
    and for blogposts, set it as blog (page created in first step)

Thanks for the help… it did help. However I have another issue now I need your advise with.

I created a menu item for a category of posts. The problem is that the page that shows up has an error 404 can’t be found on each the posts. And the right side bar does not show.

Thanks in advance for your help. http://www.humanhavens.com

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

i don’t see any errors, did you figure out the problem?

Hi Satish,
    No I did not figure out the problem. The two errors still exist.

– click on the “news blog” tab (note: this is a “catagory” tab in the menus)

Error # 1.The right side side bar does not show at all
    Error #2. If you click on one of the posts, it goes to a 404 error

Note: I created another tab called “Good News” in an attempt to solve this

-This is a page designated in the settings/readings as you had mentioned before

Error # 1. the error on this page is that the right side bar does not show up.
    Error # 2. if you click the post header to bring up the post by itself… it has the same 404 error.
    Error # 3. I do not see how to make the format of this page a newspaper layout with shorter excerpts instead of the entire post.

So basically it seems the site will not show a post by it self with out a 404 error.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I deactivated ALL plugins and the problems/errors still existed.

Thanks for your help.

OK… I solved the 404 problem with my host provider. The issuse was created by a SEO type plugin putting in something that tweeked the html access. I had already deleted the plugin as it did not work anyway. But it left a remnant file that messed things up.

The other problem is theme based… and I still need your help.
    What I would like is to have posts displayed with the right side bar showing. Right now if you click on “Good News” tab, it shows the posts, but no right side bar.

Under Swift options/design options/ I have the sidebar position selected as: rightsidebar

How can I get that right side bar to show there?

Thanks.

No worries… I figured it out myself.

Skippy
    Spectator

What was the name of the plugin that caused the problems? I’d like to make sure I stay away from it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.