Horizontal Navigation Menu

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Support Horizontal Navigation Menu

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Friday 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lee Friday
    Participant

I currently have eight menu items. I want the reader to be shown a different page when they click some of these menu items. No problem, I know how to do this.

However, for other menu items, I do not want the reader to be shown a different page. Instead, they should be presented with a drop-down menu, from which they can click on an item and then they will be shown a different page. I have tested this, and I have two questions.

(1) I have a menu item titled “Money” with a drop-down menu consisting of three items. Hovering over “Money” activates the drop-down menu. But clicking on “Money” takes the reader to a different page, which I do not want. How do I fix this?

(2) When hovering over “Money”, and attempting to move down into the drop-down menu, the drop-down menu sometimes disappears. I can immediately try again and it may or may not work. If the cursor maintains the “connection” as I move it from “Money” into the drop-down menu, then I can make my selection. I have discovered that the best way to maintain that “connection” is to move the cursor very quickly. So there seems to be some kind of glitch. What can be done?

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

Create a custom link with url as #. This will be your top level menu. Clicking it will take you nowhere. You can have submenus under it.

Regarding other problem, disable all plugins and try again.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Custom link with URL – done. Thank you.

The other problem remains. I am a rookie and am working my way through design and other aspects of the site. I have not yet dealt with plugins, but I checked and there are only two plugins installed – Akismet and Hello Dolly.
    Both have NOT been activated. So something else is causing the problem.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Is there any hope of resolving this? When I am finished, most of the items in my horizontal menu will trigger a drop-down sub-menu list. So I must find a solution, because these drop-down menus are crucial to my site.

You can see on my site that I have two widgets with drop-down menus, and these work perfectly! Why is there a problem with the drop-down feature in the horizontal navigation menu?

As mentioned in my previous post, my site has only two plugins installed, but they are NOT activated. So the problem lies elsewhere.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

In swift design options, enable responsive mode.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Done. Problem solved. Thank you Satish!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.