Gone from 30sec page load to a swift 3secs by changing to swiftpremium

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Showcase Gone from 30sec page load to a swift 3secs by changing to swiftpremium

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan Moy 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Moy
    Participant

Thanks for this great theme, I understand there are still some minor bugs to sort out but this theme really delivers in speed!

The previous theme I used was very heavy on background theme images which made it look nice, but when it comes down to the basics loading speed is probably more important! I had 44% bounces, I’ll let you know how my bounce rate changes over the next month.

Jonathan Moy
    Participant

Over the last weeks all of the minor bugs I identified have been fixed by the theme designer, and it works great!

My google page speed is 89/100 and load time is 2.77 seconds for the frontpage.
    My traffic has increased by more than 100% and I rank in top 10 google searches for several keyword phrases.

At times when I have had difficulty figuring out how to do something (because my wordpress skills are not so great), the support forum has been great in getting a quick accurate solution.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

My google page speed is 89/100 and load time is 2.77 seconds for the frontpage.
    My traffic has increased by more than 100% and I rank in top 10 google searches for several keyword phrases.

Great to hear that 🙂
    Follow this tutorial to further improve your page speed score
    How to get 90+ google page speed with SwiftPremium.

Btw, your navigation is flowing down into the second line,
    Screen shot 2011-11-01 at 03:18:34.png

Reduce the font size or, remove one or two links from the nav.

Jonathan Moy
    Participant

Thanks for that Satish. I reduced the navigation menu font so it wasn’t spilling over and also spread the items out so they weren’t so crowded using this custom css

.nav li {display: inline; padding:0px 0px 0px 8px}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.