Four questions

Forums Forums SwiftThemes Support Four questions

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Friday 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Lee Friday
    Participant

1. When I write a post, I understand WordPress automatically includes the date. However, I did a test post and it did not work. This is the first post you see at the top of the page. There are dates on most of the other posts, but I wrote these myself in the ‘Post Editor.’ Please advise.

2. I have a problem with the ‘Post Editor.’ Text mode seems to be okay, but Visual mode is not. When I try to edit a previous post, nothing appears in Visual mode, but the post is visible in Text mode. When I tried to type a new post in Visual mode, there was no cursor and the words I typed did not appear, but when I switched to Text mode, the words were visible. This is still a test site for me, and I have not done any posts for several weeks, so I do not know when or how this problem arose. Please advise.

3. I experimented with a font change, but my site became garbled, so I reversed the font change. The site looks fine in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. But it is still garbled in Microsoft Edge, which, coincidentally, is the browser I used to make and reverse the font change. Please advise.

4. I tried to provide you with a screenshot, but when I clicked on ‘Upload Images’, nothing happened. Are you having a problem with this feature?

I hope you can answer these questions Satish.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, any answers yet?

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

1. WordPress doesn’t automatically add the date. See where you are getting the date on other posts.
    2. If you are using chrome, right click any where on the page , click inspect element and switch to console tab and tell me if you see any errors there.
    Or, try disabling all plugins and see if it solves the issue.
    3. Clear your edge browser cache. To confirm it’s a cache issue, open it in private mode and check.
    4. Yes, there is a problem 🙁

Lee Friday
    Participant

1. Solved, thanks

2. I am not using chrome. I deactivated all plugins with no luck. The problem remains.

3. I cleared the browser cache. I opened in private mode, it is still garbled.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

Looks like a cache issue. Try chrome once.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, this is what you said to do: If you are using chrome, right click any where on the page , click inspect element and switch to console tab and tell me if you see any errors there.

I did as you asked and this is what I found: load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,plupload&ver=4.7.2:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

I have no idea what this means. Please advise.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, any resolution for this?

I do not know if this is related in some way, but a previous problem you helped me with has reappeared. See the topic I previously created titled “Five Questions.” The relevant question was: “I use “color options” > “Generic elements” > “Button text color”, and I select white. And you can see on my site that the “Continue Reading” button text color is white. Except, when you click on a post and scroll down to see the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, the text is NOT white. I am confused. …………. For this problem, you suggested two or three CSS solutions which did not work. Then you suggested: In color options ->posts nav and related post
    Try changing post navigation link color. …………….. I did this and it worked, but now I have the same problem again. I checked to make sure the ‘white’ color is still selected, and it is.

This is my test site, and these two issues concern me Satish. Several days ago, I started building my ‘real’ site, with the same theme and host provider, and I do not have either of these problems. But is it only a matter of time before I do have these problems?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Lee Friday.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, are you there??

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

Sorry having couple of bad days.
    The fixes I gave should work.
    Can you share your wordpress login along with the list of outstanding issues.

Lee Friday
    Participant

1. Visual mode in the post editor was not working. Now, strangely, after several days, it works fine.

2. My site looks fine in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. But it is still garbled in Microsoft Edge.

3. A previous problem you helped me with has reappeared. See the topic I previously created titled “Five Questions.” The relevant question was: “I use “color options” > “Generic elements” > “Button text color”, and I select white. And you can see on my site that the “Continue Reading” button text color is white. Except, when you click on a post and scroll down to see the “Previous” and “Next” buttons, the text is NOT white. I am confused. …………. For this problem, you suggested two or three CSS solutions which did not work. Then you suggested: In color options ->posts nav and related post
    Try changing post navigation link color. …………….. I did this and it worked, but now I have the same problem again. I checked to make sure the ‘white’ color is still selected, and it is.

4. I am going to ask another question, and I feel really stupid asking it. You can see that my blog name and tagline are “Centered.” The problem is, I am now building my new site and I cannot remember how I did this. So I would appreciate it if you would tell me how to center the blog name and tagline.

I sent you the login details.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, visual mode in the post editor is once again NOT working.

Please advise, as well as the other 3 questions.

You have the login details.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

1. I don’t see any issues with the visual editor.
    2. Check it on edge on a different computer and tell me if the issue persists.
    3. Actually last fix shouldn’t work. Not sure why it worked. You should add
    .btn a{color:#FFF} to user CSS. I added it for you.
    4. Swift Options -> Branding and header -> logo position.
    Not your fault, our choice of its placement is wrong.

Lee Friday
    Participant

1. It is still a problem, but it is intermittent. I have not changed my password, so you can still log in to check it. Please check it a few times each day for a couple days if you can.

2. I did this, and the issue persists.

3. Okay, thank you, but this is strange. My other site is fine.

4. This did not work on my other site, AND it does not seem to work on this site. Have a look again. I changed the logo position from center to left, but the blog name and tag line remain centered.

Lee Friday
    Participant

Satish, still waiting to hear from you.

Satish Gandham
    Keymaster

All your problems seem to be mainly due to caching, either in your browser or on your server.
    Always use private browsing mode when custmomizing your site.

Regarding 2, I don’t have access to edge browser. Please mail me the screenshots.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.