unable to create swift_custom folder in wp-content uploads

Forums Forums SWIFT Themes Support unable to create swift_custom folder in wp-content uploads

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marcella Muncy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL:
Version:
  • Author

Alan Klima

Hi,

How do I fix this?

thanks,

A

Unable to create swift_custom folder in wp-content/uploads, please create the folder and make it writable

Satish
    Keymaster

read this post, or ask your hosting support to change the permissions for you
    Changing File Permissions via FileZilla | BuddingBloggers.com

vito longo

same problem here:

Unable to create swift_custom folder in wp-content/uploads, please create the folder and make it writable

i created:

/public_html/wp-content/uploads/swift_custom

permissions were 755.
    i even tried 777 but it doesn’t work.

Satish
    Keymaster

check if swift_custom folder has these two files
    custom-styles.css
    swift-js-fucntions.js

If they are present, ignore the error message.

vito longo

they are not present.

i also tried switching back and forth to other themes while i tried to set 777 permissions, but nothing is generated. i am using SwiftPremium v0.6

url is: saltyname.com/pixelmania/
    i noted that in html code there is a call to a “files” dir which is not existing also:

i think there may be a bug regarding “uploads” or “files” directory because i don’t see any call to “uploads” in the url above.

Satish
    Keymaster

I think you changed your uploads directory
    Create the the following files with write permissions
    files/swift_custom/custom-styles.css
    /swift-js-functions.js

We are having this problem as well and only one of our websites does not have this message. For the rest of our sites, we are getting the message:

“Unable to create swift_custom folder in wp-content/uploads, please create the folder and make it writable”

We just bought the Swift theme V.06 and are using WordPress version 3.1.4.

Is there any other information you need in order to help us out? We really appreciate the help!

Satish
    Keymaster

If you are not having problems with changing colours and sliders, you can safely ignore that warning message.

Thank you for your quick response. We are not able to to change the colors or sliders for the websites. What can we do to fix this problem? thanks!

Satish
    Keymaster

make them writable.

@Satish 4482 wrote:

make them writable.

I’m sorry, but I’m not a computer person–which folders or files do I need to make writable?

Satish
    Keymaster
    Code:
    wp-content/uploads/swift_custom/custom-styles.css
    /swift-js-functions.js
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.