Font sizes very frustrating.

Forums Forums SWIFT Themes Bug report and suggestions. Font sizes very frustrating.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  invernessGiGs 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL:
Version:
  • Author

moku999
    Spectator

I like Swift themes but I find controlling the font size to be very difficult task. In early versions the font sizes weren’t all connected to each other so it was easier to edit them in the stylesheet. I still find the font-size control to be inadequate and incredibly difficult, since I have to tweak them in the stylesheet and in the settings.

I find the default title heading and post headings to be too large. I also think the line beneath the post headings to be too small to even read where it has the filed under, posted by user, and comments. Since that part is a ratio of one of the other headings it’s always too small unless you do some tinkering in the stylesheet.

Get rid of all the font-size ratios and make them each have their own value for easier user control.

Also adding a simple small rectangle advertisement on the top header ad space next to the title needs padding adjustment control or it will be uneven.

Thanks,

Moku

spicychillys
    Spectator

Hi Moku, I feel your pain. I think initially this can be hard to deal with, as it takes a lot of tinkering to get the right ratios.

However, I think once you get the ratios worked out, it is so easy to make sweeping font changes. All you do is change one font and everything changes accordingly.

I’m still currently trying to work out the best ratios so I’m right there with you. However, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Satish
    Keymaster

title font sizes are independent.
    You can pick their size in the font options.

If you want to change them the geeky way, add this code to custom CSS

h2.post-title(font-size:2em} /*for home page titles*/
    h1.post-title(font-size:2.5em}/*for single pages*/

.post-meta{font-size:1em} /*For the invisible text, which is deliberately set to a small size so that its visible only to those who want to find it*/

invernessGiGs
    Spectator

sorry it’s me again, the meta posts have popped up on the second version of swift premium (on the home page) and for the site i have it looks ded clunky (not for a blog) how do i go about deleting this from the home page and single posts? is there a dead simple way?

Satish
    Keymaster

Simple way
    add this to custom CSS
    .post-meta{display:none}

Better way
    Goto single.php
    search for .post-meta, and remove all the code enclosed by that span tag.

Goto swift/loops/ (files based on the layout you selected)

and repeat the above process.

invernessGiGs
    Spectator

@Satish 4230 wrote:

Simple way
    add this to custom CSS
    .post-meta{display:none}

Better way
    Goto single.php
    search for .post-meta, and remove all the code enclosed by that span tag.

Goto swift/loops/ (files based on the layout you selected)

and repeat the above process.

Attempted it the simple way, which seems to have worked on the single pages but not the main page, I avoided doing it teh second way simply as I can see the line that needs to be removed.

Also and this is just by the by the fonts seem to be restetting them selves, not sure how this is happening

Satish
    Keymaster

In early versions the font sizes weren’t all connected to each other so it was easier to edit them in the stylesheet. I still find the font-size control to be inadequate and incredibly difficult, since I have to tweak them in the stylesheet and in the settings.

You can disable custom fonts, and do it the old way.

The font issue is taken care in pro version, I till will be some time before the free version is updated.

Spectator

Satish,
    I have custom font enable. I can not seem to get the post title to match the size on my single post.
    Can you please tell me how to fix it? Here is a example category page:
    EBusiness News & Tips | Ecommerce Business Solutions Blog

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.