Ads on front and single pages, customizing..

Forums Forums SWIFT Themes Support Ads on front and single pages, customizing..

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jojje Olsson 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
URL:
Version:
  • Author

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

I just got a new advertiser for my site and would like to customize so that the 960 pixel banner below navigation bar is different on the front page/main page, than on the other pages. Is this possible?

The reason is obvious; the banner is an animated GIF, and it looks quite awkward to have an animated GIF just over the animated article display/window that is included in Swift. Two big animated boxes right on top of the first page looks quite ugly: http://www.inbeijing.se

I would therefore like to replace the 960 px animated banner with a still picture on the front page, but keep the same banner at single pages.

Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks

Satish
    Keymaster

remove this line from header.php
    [php] < ?php echo stripslashes( $swift_options )?>
    [/php]

and add
    [php] < ?php
    if(is_home()){

}else{

}

?>
    [/php]

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

Thanks. Can I just delete the row and not replacing it at all, to remove the add totally from my home page, but keeping it in the posts?

Satish
    Keymaster

no, you can not delete. That file is common for home and single pages.

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

OK, pity. Is there any way I can keep this huge banner away from the Home page, and have it on other pages and in all the posts? That is – display the banner on every page and post, apart from the Home page.

The banner looks a bit awkward together with the slider. And the slider only exists on the Home page.

Thanks!

Satish
    Keymaster

remove this line from header.php
    [php] < ?php echo stripslashes( $swift_options )?>
    [/php]and add
    [php] < ?php
    if!(is_home()){

}

?>
    [/php]

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

Sorry, I tried both codes in all kinds of combination now, but the only thing it does is blanking out my website.

There must be a small mistake somewhere, I noticed that there is an “!” in your second code post but not in the first.

I want to get rid of the advertisement totally from my Home page (not replace it with a still image) because it looks awkward together with the slider. But I want to keep the ad on all other pages and posts.

Is there anyway to just leave the img src and a href empty for the Home page, as to not display any ad below the bottom navigation without making the entire page blank?

And, after changing header.php, should i de-activate the “ad management” under “Swift options” as to not conflict the header and the Swift options?

Thanks!

Satish
    Keymaster

sorry, there is a error in the second code i gave you. Try the one below.
    [php]
    < ?php
    if(!is_home()){

}

?>
    [/php]

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

Sorry, Home page blanks out again, I also tried to deactivate the ad management.

What values should I write in the and the ?

Mind that I want to have no picture and no link at all below the bottom navigation at the Home page.

Satish
    Keymaster

:grrr, sorry, wrong again.

What values should I write in the and the ?

Destination page url and the image url.

< ?php
    if(!is_home()){
    ?>
    <
    a href=“”>< img src=“image url here” />a>
    < ?php
    }
    ?>

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

OK, yet again meet by a blank a page. My header.php now looks like this:

< ?php
    if(!is_home()){

}

?>

I also tried:

< ?php
    if(!is_home()){

}

?>

And I tried it with switching on and of the ad management. I tried 15-20 different combinations of codes now without success.

What is going on?

Satish
    Keymaster

This is the last code i gave, you added the wrong one.
    [php]
    < ?php
    if(!is_home()){
    ?>

< ?php
    }
    ?>
    [/php]

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

No, it’s the same as above. Blanks out my page.

Jojje Olsson
    Participant

Any idea yet what might not work? In my opinion it’s crucial for this theme to be able to take away the below navigation bar ad from the Home page, since it doesn’t fit at all with the slider.

Satish
    Keymaster

That’s the right code, hiring someone do it will work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.