faster is better than slow | Download Swift
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An 'How to' guide to Swift theme?

Unhappy An 'How to' guide to Swift theme?

I'm trying to customize the theme, but it's quite difficult to find something in the forum. Every time I insert a word or more to search topics, the result is always 'not found'! I remember I've seen some good post about images and customization weeks ago, but I can't find them anymore.
    I'm a dummy in these things, could you let me know where there're posts related to the problem of images and customization of magazine layout? A kind of 'how to' for people like me, not so good in customizations.
    Actually, I found easier the old option panel in Swift, it seems now there are less customizable things in this one, but maybe I don't know where to look!
    I'd like to know if there are different magazine layouts and how to choose the number of post to show in the home page, too. I've tried to change them in the WP settings but I always see 25 posts!
    Shortly, I don't want to abuse of your time, just let me know if there are posts that can help me with these things, please...
    Tnx, Cesca

Hi puntoacapo2,

there is a guide, you can find at:

http://swiftthemes.com/2009/09/wordp...omizing-swift/

You can also post your questions here and get help from other users or from Satish.

Quote Originally Posted by puntoacapo2 View Post
    I'd like to know if there are different magazine layouts and how to choose the number of post to show in the home page, too. I've tried to change them in the WP settings but I always see 25 posts!
    Can you please show me your site? if this is possible.

Go to swift options -> home and archive pages and change the number of "popular posts". I hope that works.

The site is www.paconline.it. I've read the guide you suggested, but essential things I need, changed since these examples. Anyway I reset the permissions of the site and I got the images, now problems are others.
    For example I'd like to apply a different colour to each category. Do you know how to do it?
    Then I'd like to put 3 new little sliders on the page, one for each of the most important categories, I'll try with some plugins.
    I've tried to change the popular posts as you suggested but nothing happens even because there's written: "Check this box if you would like to enable showing popular posts on the home page. Note: this feature doesn't work in magazine layout."

+ Reply to Thread