faster is better than slow | Download Swift
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image size in post

I'm not sure if it's something I may be doing, but my images are being resized to full size when viewed. How do I make them smaller without having to upload smaller versions for each post? Thanks.

I thought maybe I should try to clarify. Say I add a 500 x 500 image to my post, then I decide to minimize that to 250 x 250. This works fine in my editor, but when viewed on my blog page it shows the 500 x 500 image not the smaller version. I have gone in and manually changed a few of my more recent images, but this is going to be a huge pain if I have to go back through over 400 posts. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :-)

If you don't want "any" of your full sized images to be larger than a certain height, go into wordpress and click settings, then media. On the full size image, set a max height, width, or both and I "think" that will resize your images, but if not that will at least prevent new images from posting and larger than your settings.

I have exactly the same problem on my localhost I dont have the problem I set the image WIDTH but somehow on the live versions when viewing the source of the page the WIDTH tag has dissapeared??

See it live happening here: http://farmville.aweblog.net/almanac/seeds/all-seeds-by-introduction-date

Could be something with timthumb.php?

SWIFT re-sizes images that flow out of the content width using javaScript.

Problem with that it checks the image dimensions Instead of checking the actually dimensions set in html.

Till i think of a better way to implement this feature here is the quick fix.

Remove the following code from swift/includes/js-fucntions.js
    <pre>
    Code:
    /* Image width in the posts can be max 550px */
    				jQuery(this).width('576px');
    			}
    		});
    	});
    </pre>

Line 101 to 129

Satish, thank you for replying this quickly. I commented out the jquery code and it worked. great!

Thanks for the theme, Ill stick to it. Lets dive in to it. :P

Thank you for letting me know the work around for this. I did install a plug-in called Scissors which allows me to crop and/or resize images after I upload them. This doesn't help if you are using Photobucket or Flickr or any other outside image service, but it works really well for my needs. :-)

Which version of wordpress are you using?

Those features are built into wordpress since v2.9 you don't need a separate plugin for the purpose.

Not Anne, but it looks like 2.8.5 according to meta.

+ Reply to Thread