faster is better than slow | Download Swift
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slider issue

Slider issue

I just downloaded Swift 6 yesterday and the home page is linking to my page I created as the blog page so when I go into design and make changes to homepage it shows up on my blog page. I am using new paper template. I just need to know how to link the home page to my actual home page and have the blog page actually treated as the blog page. www.wellnessauthority.org

change the wordpress settings
    general->reading

Isssue

Hi ,
    Thanks for the fast reply but that has already been changed. The issue is in settings it is correct but when I go to design and go to homepage ..the changes show up on the blog page not the home page that is set up as the home page in settings.

How do I set up the page that link to my domain as the home page that the Theme will treat it as the home page

What do u want to change on the home page?

Homepage

If you go to the site www.wellnessauthority.org The current home page I would like to be the blog page and the blog page I would like to be the home page. The setup is what I would like to be different. I like the larger slider and the right side bar. I have set up the news paper theme as the instructions but when I go into design to make changes to the slider under home page the changes shows up on the blog page.

1.First change I would like the slider to show pages instead of post

2.second change I would like the look of the blog page to be the home page and the look of the current home page to be the blog page.

Update

Here is the issue the theme is treating my post page as the home page and the static front page as the post page. So when i go in and make any changes it shows up on the blog page that was created per the instructions. When I add change the static page in the post area the theme picks up that it is to be treated as a homepage but now it has the extension on the www.wellnessauthority .org/homepage so when you go to wellnessauthority.org you see the post page ...you only see the now new homepage if you hit the link home in the nav bar.

I need my home page to show up when you type in wellnessauthority.org and /or hit the home link in the nav bar.

I went back and reviewed the instructions and there is nothing I can do any different.

I hope this helps.

1. Undo everything you did.
    2. Create a new page, and select the news paper template for it.
    3. Add it to menu if you wish.

Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by Satish View Post
    1. Undo everything you did.
    2. Create a new page, and select the news paper template for it.
    3. Add it to menu if you wish.
    That is not correcting the problem. I still do not have the correct page as my homepage. I want the look of the current blog page as my homepage but since it is the blog page in reading your program is treating it as the home page. So when you come to the site the first page you see is the page that is loaded with post and not the bigger slide with he mag layout.

Switching the pages in the reading section does not fix the problem , all that does is add an extension so now I have 3 crazy things going on. I thought this would be a one day project since I am not making any real changes just wanted the slider on the front page with a clean look but it is turning into a 4 day nightmare.

Please , Please , Please look at the front page that shows up when you type in my domain and site and explain to me what I need to alter to get the larger slide page( now the wellness blog page ) as the page that will be my front page. without an added extension. The instructions are not producing the desired effect.

in general settings->reading
    set the home page to display recent posts.

+ Reply to Thread