faster is better than slow | Download Swift
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Continue Reading" button, thumbnail image and active navigation button questions

'Continue Reading" button, thumbnail image and active navigation button questions

Hi Satish,

I've just upgraded from the free version of Swift to the personal license of Swift today and am just changing my blog over. Blog address is www.onlineauctionresources.com. Could I please have some help with a couple of things that have me stuck?

1) I have set the post to show as excerpts but the "continue reading" button is not showing at the end. There is a small dot at the bottom which I suspect is the button but only very small.

2) How do I get the thumbnail images in the excerpts to show? As you will see they are currently showing a default image of my blog logo.

3) On the navigation below the header is there a way to have the active page link showing as a different colour to identify that that is the page the user is currently on? I think in the free version of Swift there was an option to give the 'active link background' a different colour.

Thanks in advance for your help and also thank you for the fantastic theme!
    Andrea

1. In home page options, set the continue reading text.
    2. Read the featured image section in this post http://swiftthemes.com/2010/11/wordp...dbye-timthumb/
    3. add this to user CSS #below-logo-container li.current-menu-item a{background:#F00}
    Will set the active link styling to hover state in the next version.

btw, why are you not using the built in subscribe widget?

I hadn't got around to changing to the included subscribe widget yet. All done now and thank you for the reminder as it is much better than the one I was using.
    Thank you for your help!!
    Andrea

+ Reply to Thread