faster is better than slow | Download Swift
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to translate?

How to translate?

Hi,
    How can I translate Swift Theme? Is there a po file?

Working on responsive layout at the moment, will release the pot files along with it.
    Should be out by Sunday.

thanks for your answer satish. where will be the pot files? in the blog?

hi swift,
    did you release the pot files? if you didn't, can you please tell me where can i change the "You searched for: " text in the breadcombs?

up

Included the pot file in v6.0.9.
    Do you know how to translate?

I need a catalog so I don't know then

Lightbulb

I suggestion for translators: the Codestyling Localization plugin allows one to translate from within WordPress itself, so there's no need to use an external tool. Another solution I know about is Poedit, a desktop utility for Windows, Mac and Linux.

By the way: I looked for the pot file in the v6.0.9 file but it wasn't there. I used Codestyling to generate a new one for my language (pt_BR, Brazilian Portuguese) by scanning the directory contents, resulting in 412 translatable strings. However, since the end result has 3 text domains ('default' with 6 strings, 'swiftthemes' with 23 ones and 'swift' with the remaining 383 ones), I'd like to suggest a small code cleanup to reduce it to a single text domain, let's say, the 'swift' one. What do you think?

In addition, I'd like to suggest changing the following strings in the source so as to make the translation less prone to mess with the HTML code:

a) From "<span class=\"leave-reply\">Reply</span>" to "Reply" (i.e., leaving the surrounding HTML code outside the translatable string);
    b) The same for "<span class=\"leave-reply\">Leave a reply</span>";
    c) Ditto for the "<span class=\"entry-meta posted-on\"><span class=\"sep\">Posted on </span><a href=\"%1$s\" title=\"%2$s\" rel=\"bookmark\"><time class=\"entry-date\" datetime=\"%3$s\" pubdate>%4$s</time></a><span class=\"by-author\"> <span class=\"sep\"> by </span> <span class=\"author vcard\"><a class=\"url fn n\" href=\"%5$s\" title=\"%6$s\" rel=\"author\">%7$s</a></span></span></span>", which can be split into its two textual components, "Posted on" and "by", leaving the remaining as surrounding code.

As well as:

d) Removing the non-translatable ones: "1", "%", "0", "&raquo;", "&laquo;" and "...";
    e) Adding a comment to the date-format ones so that translators know they've special meaning: "g:i a", "i", "g a", "F jS, Y", "W" and "Y";
    f) And, if possible, hard-coding the space at the end of ", ", "From: " and "Reply-To: ".

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much Alex. Codestyling really helped. But i can't find "Search for "x" " text anywhere. Do you know where it is? This is the text in the breadcombs.

hi,
    how can i translate "home" and "you searched for " text in the breadcomb?

+ Reply to Thread