PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the top right search field?

flek
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi satish,

Let me thank you for the great theme. Many people have told me that my blog is looking like an awesome fully plugged site than the look of a blog. It's just because of you man. You really did a great job. Swift is the only theme I could find with great customizations in the freeware field.

Okay coming to my point. I have added a google custom search to the index page. So I would like to remove the default search field on the top right. I searched the css and tried to edit their but it didn't work.

I have a few another queries too. ( will be disturbing you with those things after fixing this :) )

Please do help me.

Thanks.

Satish
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the nice words about SWIFT :).

To remove search box from navigation area remove this code from header.php

<pre>
<div class="alignright">
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/searchform-nav.php'); ?>
</div></pre>

To replace it with google search box paste your google search code in

searchform-nav.php

This will display google search box in place of default search box.

flek
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Satish.

I could remove it. But though there is space to display categories in the same line why it is showing in two lines? Could you tell what to do for those categories to be shown in same line?

thanks.

flek
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
:)

I tried to change the grid 13 to 16 and it worked, now the categories are in the same line.

Could you tell how exactly to edit the custom search to show results from Google ( with or without adsense )? I mean, I have a google custom search there. But now the form is from adsense and results are showing in a new window. I would like to show the result titles (5 0r 10) in the side bar of the blog.

ie. A serch box + customized results. If the user gives 'dell' in the search field the form should pass the value "dell laptops" ( adding 'laptops' to the search term) and to show the heading of the results in the sidebar widget.

Can you help me? Will it work? Is it possible to put the codes to a php file and include it as a plugin?

thanks.