PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Sliding Sidebar..

HacK_MiNDeD
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Is it possible to add a sliding sidebar to upcoming Swift™ versions??

So that the visitors will be able to minimize the widgets that they don't want... :D

Or will this slow down the theme? :?

Satish
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Adding an additional jquery file, lot of things can be done like

Slider [/*]

Drop down navigations[/*]

minimizing the widgets[/*]

Tabs[/*]

Lot of thought process went into deciding btw the above features versus additional 100kb jquery file+2 additional http requests.

Finally I decided to let users make the decision. I'm gonna create a separate section for functions that need jQuery, and give an option to use them or not. Most of the recent plugins use jquery, so if you are using any plugin that uses jquery, then u can use these features without worrying about loss in speed as the damage is already done.

After continuous coding for 20+ days, I think I need to take a break and recharge, also I have my mid semester exams :(.

These features will be added in the next release due on 1st October.

HacK_MiNDeD
09-06-2009, 07:03 PM
K...thanx///that's great

GO RECHARGE 4 the exams ! (you'll exhaust after the exams, then recharge again 4 Coding :P )

I'll wait...

bulalo
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi!

Having a sliding sidebar in Swift sounds exciting. Although I'm not much of a fan for anything that slows down a page's loading, I have a blog that could use that feature.

Lot's of luck to your exam Satish (although I doubt if you need luck :D).

And take a break, we don't wan't you to be burned out this early in Swift's development. :)

Satish
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Thnaks :)

Im added content slider to v3.0, you will have an option to disable it if you think its slowing down things.