Here comes another update of SWIFT. I have implemented WordPress menus feature into SWIFT v5.50, added a custom box to the post editor to easily upload thumbnails and fixed the image resize problem which has been there for a long time.
Import / Export options feature added in version5.40 wasn’t working correctly in all cases, that problem is fixed now.
If you are a regular follower of the blog, you should be knowing how the concept of child themes was simplified in SWIFT. Child themes feature in SWIFT theme is dependent on the import/export feature. As there were problems with it till now, I dint promote the child themes concept. Now that the import/export options feature is fixed, it’s time to promote the child themes feature of SWIFT. I’m thinking of floating a contest to design child themes for SWIFT next week. If you have any good idea to promote the concept of child themes in SWIFT, please share it with me.
Here are the other changes and improvements in SWIFT
- Added excerpts to the full size image slider and increased the slide display time.
- Fixed the numbering bug, earlier numbering started from 0, now it starts from 1. I also changed the styling of the numbers.
- Add a small jQuery animation to the back to top link in footer.
- Magazine box corners will now be round.
- Changed the options page design slightly.
- Added an option to add links to footer, you can add theme from appearance->menus
- Changed the styling of post meta.
- Separated tags from author biography.
- Improved the calendar widget styling.
Lots of new features will be added in the coming weeks, subscribe to our rss feed to stay tuned.
Note: Navigation links (The links above and below logo) will be deleted when you upgrade to v5.50, you have to use WordPress menus.