Installing SWIFT is not different from installing any other WordPress theme. SWIFT looks great with the default options but spending a few minutes on the options page will give you a unique look to make your blog stand out from crowd. SWIFT is actually a infinite number of themes packed in to one .
Here is an example of how you can make your SWIFT unique without any template edits
- Download your copy of SWIFT theme, and unzip the file you have downloaded.
- Upload the entire folder on to your server wp-content/themes. The template files should thus be here now: /wp-content/themes/swift-vX.X.X/.
- You can also upload your zipped file via CPanel and extract it.
- Log into your WP admin panel and click on the Appearance tab –> themes. Now click on the SWIFT theme to activate it (see the first screenshot below).
- Change the permissions of swift/cache folder to 777 and swift/custom-styles.css to 666.
- Your blog is now powered by the fastest SEO friendly, cross browser compliant, Adsense optimized, server friendly theme.
Note:If you are using WordPress 2.7 or higher, you install the theme directly from the admin dashboard.